Inflammation, Chronic Disease, & Emotional Health
Neuroscience has increasingly demonstrated the inextricable link between inflammation, physical health, and emotional well-being. This Masterclass explores what inflammation is and where it occurs in the mind, brain, and body.
- the role inflammation plays in anxiety, depression, chronic pain, bipolar disorder, heart disease, and more
- the gut microbiome’s influence on mood and immunity
- the effects of sleep deprivation on chronic inflammation
- constant eating as metabolic stress
- key ways that yoga, mindfulness, wellness practices, and body-based contemplative practices can reduce inflammation, improve physical health, and build emotional well-being
Participants will understand what inflammation is, how it impacts emotional health, and be able to discuss several ways to alleviate it.