Neurodiversity + Neurodivergence: Science, Psychology, Social Context, & Practical Tools
What is neurodiversity, and how does it shape our neural, bodily, emotional, and social selves?
Together, we’ll explore the autism spectrum and related issues, such as ADHD, connective tissue disorders, trauma, gender, and more. We’ll touch on the bodily expression of neurodiversity, including its interoceptive, empathic, and somatic signatures.
In this course, we’ll explore:
- What neurodiversity is, and how it entails a paradigm shift from the core deficit model
- The overlap between Autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, and other issues
- Its co-occurrence with connective tissue diseases such as Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome
- The bodily experience of neurodiversity, including anomalies of interoception
- Adaptive patterns in the nervous system, including empathy
- The social and historical context of neurodiversity
- Recommendations for adaptive learning environments for adults and kids
We’ll discuss helpful mindfulness, embodiment, and movement practices to nourish the mind, brain, body, and relational patterns in neurodivergence and neurodiversity.