Mindful Movement: Immunity, Mood, and Well-Being
Why do yoga and exercise have such beneficial effects on health and well-being? And what can we do to boost these effects? This Masterclass explores mindful movement, a special category in emerging research.
- the qualities that make movement mindful
- how mindfulness amplifies the benefits of movement
- the two main types of body awareness and how they intersect
- how mindful movement boosts immunity
- the brain’s proprioceptive “maps” and what they do for us
- novel movement and its role in emotional health + longevity
- the social context of movement and body agency
You’ll learn powerful ways to enhance your current meditation, movement, and exercise practices.
Participants will be able to discuss emerging research in mindful movement as it relates to emotional health, immunity, and longevity.