Do you have a mental grasp of your problems, yet find it difficult to change? A Grand Canyon-sized gap between knowing what to do and actually doing it, between mental insight and the real-life experience of change. What causes this gap, and what can we do to narrow it?
Anxiety and depression (and mixtures of the two) aren’t simply genetic or biochemical. They’re patterns in the mind, brain, and body relationship. Drawing from her decades of experience in the traditions of yoga, mindfulness, and psychology, Bo offers us a new look at what causes our suffering, and what we can do to alleviate it.
Yoga for Emotional Balance offers powerful, portable, and easy-to-use tools that change the infrastructure of anxiety and depression and foster emotional well-being. You will experience Bo’s unique toolkit of therapeutic practices, including breathing exercises, postural adjustments, mindful asana practice, and restorative poses that help balance your nervous system, quiet your mind, energize your body, regulate your emotions, and create the building blocks for lasting change.
Participants in this course will learn
- The 8 elements of the Mind-Body Network and how they operate to influence the patterns of anxiety and depression
- The basic principles of neuroplasticity, our brain’s ability to change
- How the body plays a role in our emotional transformation, and what can be done to support it
- An introduction to fascia, the body’s “communication superhighway,” and how it relates to anxiety and depression
- Five primary infrastructure interventions that help to heal anxiety and depression
- Emerging research in the science and psychology of emotional regulation
- How to design a therapeutic yoga practice to balance the nervous system and promote emotional well-being
This course is approved by Yoga Alliance as post-certificate continuing education for yoga instructors. Instructors will receive approximately 12 hours of post-certificate continuing education.
Please note: As of April 2, 2022, we are no longer offering CE credits for psychotherapists for this course. Please check with us to learn if this status has changed.
Each class includes:
- A 90-minute video (a unique blend of lecture, discussion, and practice)
- Guided readings, experiential exercises, and quizzes
- A wide range of supplemental resources including cutting-edge information from the fields of neuroscience, medicine, and psychology, as well as writings by Bo.
- Facilitated discussion forums with other learners from our global community to help integrate the material