FAQ for ‘Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, the Body and Contemplative Practice’ (YMNB)
Structure of ‘Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, the Body and Contemplative Practice’
There are 16 lessons in this course.
Each lesson contains:
- A 90-minute (approximate) video
- Additional readings and/or video can be found on each lesson page as appropriate.
- Homework questions based on practices or discussions from the lesson video. These questions will be answered either in a Personal Practice Journal (your private journal) or on Piazza, our online community forum.
- Lesson quiz. In order to progress to the next lesson, you will need to complete the lesson quiz with a 100% pass rate. The quiz can be taken as many times as needed with or without the support of Erin Haenlin, our Curriculum Guide. Please note that Erin’s office hours are Wednesday 12-3EST and Thursday 11-3EST.
In addition to lesson-specific work, we also conduct monthly webinars or ‘fireside chats’ with Bo and her senior teachers. These webinars will focus on a group discussion around larger paradigm shifts in our society; bringing our embodiment practices off the mat, so to speak. If you have questions you’d like to discuss during a webinar, please feel free to post them into Piazza beforehand so that we can be sure to address them.
You may have heard Bo affirm her belief that neuroplasticity isn’t just a mechanism for individual change, but a social construct. We believe that modern contemplative practices such as yoga and mindfulness are tools for engagement and transformation on personal, relational, and collective levels. For this to be so, we must practice not simply in relationship to self, but in relationship with others. We believe that Pod work is essential to your experience and to achieving the vision of this course. We are excited to work together with you to bring this social body to life.
Participation in Pod work is expected and encouraged for all YMNB participants. It is required for certification. If you have any conflicts or questions regarding Pods, please contact Kathryn, our Group Work Guru, at email@example.com
We will be introducing a new structure for Pod Work in 2018. Please stay tuned for an update from Kathryn in January.
Requirements to receive the Certificate of Completion for the Combo Course (in-person and online)
- This Certificate of Completion is for those who take both the 3 day, in-person immersion and the online course: ‘Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, Contemplative Practice and the Body’ (YMNB).
- The online course must be purchased within 7 days after the conclusion of the in-person immersion. Alternatively, if the online course (YMNB) is purchased before the in-person immersion, it can be purchased only 30 days prior to the immersion [with some exceptions].
- Students will need to attend and participate in webinars and Pod work (see above section, ‘Group-Pod work’). To receive the Certificate of Completion, students will need to attend at least 4 webinars and complete the post-webinar group/Pod work.
- To view Bo’s upcoming in-person workshops that fulfill the in-person requirement, please click here.
CE credits available:
- 18 contact hours for in-person immersion (6 hours/day x 3 days)
- 56 non-contact hours for the online coursework
- It is required that students participate in our Pod/group work. Additional non-contact hours are available based on the number of webinars attended. It is the student’s responsibility to sign in to each webinar to ensure that their time is recorded. If a student does not sign in, the hours could be forfeit.
- Please note: Teacher trainings and CE requirements are ultimately determined by your own individual training/accreditation and how many contact and non-contact hours they allow.
Requirements to receive the Certificate of Completion for ‘Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, Contemplative Practice and the Body’ (online only)
- Students must successfully complete each lesson’s quiz with a 100% pass rate.
- Students must participate in our online community forum, Piazza, for each lesson.
- If the above elements are completed, 56 non-contact CE hours will be given upon the completion of the course.
- It is required that students participate in our Pod/group work. Additional CE credits are available based on the number of webinars attended. It is the student’s responsibility to sign in to each webinar to ensure that their time is recorded. If a student does not sign in, the hours could be forfeit.
Notes about CE credits and webinar attendance:
Our online course community is truly a global one, with people from 7 countries and counting. We know that many of you are certified or registered with a variety of regulatory bodies, such as Yoga Alliance, the British Wheel of Yoga, the International Association of Yoga Therapists, the American Psychological Association, and many more.
The online education market is in a state of continual flux, and so are the regulatory bodies that determine how many contact and non-contact hours we can receive. We’ve researched them through in-depth conversations between Bo and many of these bodies, only to discover that some months later, those regulations shift. We want each of you to know with certainty what your regulatory bodies will offer, both for online hours and webinar hours. To be as accurate as possible, we ask that you double-check with the regulatory body with whom you are engaged to determine final eligibility of hours. We recommend that you keep written communications archived for easy access.
For psychologists, please refer to the “APA” section of our regulations.
In order to receive additional non-contact CE hours for attending webinars in person, each person will need to sign in on Piazza under the appropriate webinar folder. For example, our first webinar is Sunday May 7, 2017. You will navigate to the May_7_webinar folder and sign in under the May 7 Webinar registration list note. If you do not sign in, you won’t receive the additional CE hours.