yoga, mindfulness, neuroscience, the body, & contemplative practice: a blueprint for mind, brain, and body well-being
Introducing our newest online course!
We know that our yoga practice helps us feel better, but how long do those benefits usually last? What are the tools that transform our practice from one which makes us feel good for a short while to one that is unequivocally life-changing? In this innovative course, Bo offers a new alternative to the modern medical paradigms of problem-based, protocol-focused healing. She offers a step-by-step method for well-being that draws from the traditions of yoga, mindfulness, neuroscience, psychology, the body and movement studies, and contemplative practice.
In this new course, you’ll explore a wide variety of concepts integral to our well-being, starting with our mind-body network, a communication superhighway within us that holds the keys to health. You’ll learn ways in which fields previously thought to be different are interrelated and interdependent. You’ll explore a variety of cutting-edge topics, including:
- The three primary systems that function as gateways to health and well-being
- The autonomic nervous system and vagus nerve: why they’re so important in change, and what tools we can use to activate our reflect-and-redirect and the tend-and-befriend systems
- An updated look at neuroplasticity, the science of change, and its implications for mind, brain, and body health
- Mindfulness in movement-based practice: what the science says, and how to blend the two
- The enteric nervous system, or gut microbiome, and its influence on mood and immunity
- The relationship between posture, breath, and mood, and the role of self-bodywork in changing postural patterns
- The surprising new science of chronic pain, and its revolutionary implications for mind-body re-integration
- The connective tissue matrix and its link to our health and well-being
- The surprising new science of chronic pain
- The power of the mind, including the neural networks that give rise to anxiety, depression, and chronic pain
- Emotional contagion, what it means to be an empath, and practices that help instill boundaries and emotional immunity
- How relaxation is a dynamic practice: why Restorative Yoga works, and how to incorporate it into asana
- Four extended asana practices that apply the science and philosophy of the course into effective, easy-to-integrate practices on the mat, meditation cushion, and everyday life
We’ll also address some of the “hard questions” of transformation: for example, what does it mean to apply the principles of contemplative practice and the new science of change to real-life situations? What does embodied awareness look like in the difficult, yet pivotal moments of our lives?
Each of the 16 classes in the course offers a seamless blend of theory, process, and practice, giving you the time and support to embody and integrate the knowledge and tools.
This course isn’t a series of static video lectures. Filmed live and in real-time, it captures the perspective of the class participants, as well as the awkward learning moments and the organic process of becoming more embodied. This gives our online community the felt sense of being an integral part of the course.
The course is designed so that you can proceed at your own pace. We offer a variety of guided assignments designed to help you integrate the principles and practice into your life and teaching, including:
- Bi-weekly webinars with Bo and our senior teachers
- Participation in our online forums
- Regular Interaction with Erin, our Director of Programs
- Study “Pods” so you can engage, discuss, practice, and receive support with and from your colleagues in the course
More than just a course, this is a “Curriculum for Human Growth” that will help you inhabit vulnerable places with awareness, and charter your new path with playfulness and curiosity.
Click here for more details about each class
Integrative Yoga Therapeutics
Would you like to
- Harness the power of your mind and body?
- Make your yoga practice more therapeutic?
- Understand the psychology and neuroscience of yoga?
- Learn the benefits of artful sequencing?
- Change your body and mind through the magic of Neuroplasticity?
- Improve your understanding of anatomy and alignment?
Join our virtual classroom and learn the building blocks of Integrative Yoga Therapeutics!
In this training, you will get
- Access to Bo’s revolutionary style of yoga therapeutics, which uses a variety of tools to access the power of your entire Mind-Body Network
- Bo’s special take on the Psychology and Neurobiology of Yoga
- Bo’s unique system of therapeutic asana that will revolutionize the way you practice
- Live videos that feature Bo’s teachings on yoga and the Mind-Body Network, plus many other topics
- Several live annotated classes that embody and teach the specifics of Therapeutic Sequencing
- Training support materials such as audio transcripts and class handouts
- Homework reading by Erin Haenlin, our Homework Guru
- The E-Yoga Practice Laboratory, our new newsletter with our selection of Bo’s videos, her articles in Yoga Journal, the International Journal of Yoga Therapy, and other publications, plus asana columns and tips and tools from Bo’s teacher training graduates to empower your personal and professional practice
Learn in the way that works best for you
- In this course, you’ll have access to live class videos, transcripts, and additional study materials
- You can download our videos, handouts, and other materials, and dive into them whenever it’s convenient for you
- You can watch one class each week, or several at once
- Set your own pace and go through the content when you wish
- Erin will be available for homework review: take advantage of her personalized homework review to help you master the course concepts
- Your access to this course is a lifetime access: once you download the materials, they’re yours
- Any updates we make to the current course material (excepting, of course, additional courses) will also be yours to keep
Click here for more details about each class
How do I sign up?
This course is approved by Yoga Alliance as post-certificate continuing education for yoga instructors. Instructors will receive approximately 20+ hours of post-certificate continuing education.
This course may not be used toward a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification, except for the non-contact hour allowance of 20.
This is a distance-learning course, and NOT a certification or training course for yoga therapists.
What other yoga teachers are saying
“This is truly the “next evolution of yoga. Bo Forbes is not only one of the most knowledgeable yoga instructors/trainers today, she is incomparable in the field of translating yoga therapy and the complex inner body processes into everyday practice. Not only do I study with her, I suggest any yoga student or teacher interested in discovering the worlds of intelligent cause-and-effect beyond the outer body to get her book and take her online program. You know the yoga shapes: let Bo help you fill them with something meaningful and utterly transformative!”
~Sadie Nardini, E-RYT, Founder of Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga and Ultimate Wellness expert
“Traditionally, yoga teaching consisted of one teacher with one student at a time, creating an intensely personal relationship between the two. That’s what I felt when I viewed these teaching videos led by Bo Forbes, Psy.D., psychologist and longtime yoga teacher. Because Bo creates an immediately personal and warm connection with the students in the video and with the viewer, I almost felt as if she was there with me on my yoga mat as I watched. I felt that I could have been a student in the class myself. I was instantly intrigued and engaged in the learning. Add to this sweet connection Bo’s competence in the fields of psychology and yoga and the picture is complete. Many yoga teachers are unable to travel to study so as to be an ongoing resource for their students. These videos are an incredibly useful and deep source of inspiration and knowledge that can be easily accessed by all teachers, regardless of location. I highly recommend this yoga training. It will enhance your practice, your teaching, and your life.”
~Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., PT, yoga teacher since 1971 and author of eight books, including Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana.